I made a super yummy if I say so myself, vegan pizza using the NEW Basil & Chilli pesto from Pesto Princess, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, topped with fresh rocket and a balsamic dressing.
Vegan pizza from scratch
I love the NEW Basil & Chilli Pesto from Pesto Princess, so much so that I blogged about it here, and it inspired me to create this very pizza. I made the pizza dough from scratch, which was super easy, and let it rise for 2 hours, after which I stored it in the fridge overnight, to use the next day.
The next day I rolled the dough out and coated it with the Pesto Princess Basil & Chilli pesto. I added sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, and mixed herbs before popping it in the oven. Once it was done, I added the fresh rocket and drizzled some balsamic dressing on top.
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 1/4 cup flour (can use gluten-free version)
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 tbsp dried herbs: thyme, rosemary, basil, parsley, oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh rocket
- Ina Paarman vegan balsamic dressing
- In a bowl, mix together the yeast, flour, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the warm water and olive oil.
- Slowly add the wet to the dry mix.
- Once mixed together, knead for a minute or so.
- Separate into 2 balls and place on a wooden board.
- Cover with a clean dishcloth and leave to rise for 2 hours. ( You can store the dough balls in the fridge to use later in the day, or even up to a few days later.)
- When you want to make the pizza, place the dough balls on a hard surface which has already been sprinkled with some flour.
- Roll out the dough into desired shape and thickness with a rolling pin.
- To pizza base, add the sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, and dried herbs.
- Pop into the oven, preheated to 200-degrees, for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, add fresh rocket and drizzle with Ina Paarman vegan balsamic dressing.
And that is how easy it is to make a simple but yummy vegan pizza from scratch. What are your favourite pizza toppings? Have you tried the NEW Basil & Chilli pesto from Pesto Princess? Let me know in the comments below. On the other hand, if you’d like to see similar recipes, feel free to head on over to my main course recipe page. New recipes posted regularly. And also look at my other posts using Pesto Princess products – here, and here. Finally, look at my directory for a list of all the awesome vegan products I have found locally.
Let’s get social
© the green vegan chick. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.