You can still have a delicious bowl of cheesy pasta as a vegan. To create this cheesy chickpea pasta dish I’ve used chickpea pasta tossed with broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin seeds, chickpeas, & an easy homemade creamy vegan pasta sauce made from coconut milk, nutritional yeast, vegetable stock powder, and grated vegan cheese. It really is super easy and totally dairy-free, vegan & packed with veggies!
@happyearthpeople chickpea pasta
2 cups @dailygoodsza Chickpeas
1 1/2 cup @organic_zone_ct Broccoli
1 1/2 cup @organic_zone_ct Cauliflower
2 tbsp @dailygoodsza Pumpkin Seeds
1 Can @foodloversmarket Coconut Milk
1/2 cup @shopzero.sa Nutritional Yeast
1 Cup grated @irenesgourmet meltme style vegan cheese
2 heaped tbsp @inapaarmanskitchen vegetable stock powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Soak dried chickpeas overnight.
2. Boil chickpea pasta in water till soft.
3. Steam broccoli and cauliflower.
4. In a pot add the coconut milk, nutritional yeast and vegetable stock powder and cook for 10min on medium heat.
5. Add veg, pumpkin seeds and chickpeas to the sauce and cook for a further 10min.
6. Add grated vegan cheese and cook for a further 10min.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
To see more of my main meal recipes visit my Main Course Recipe page. New recipes posted regularly. Also, look at my other recipes here. Finally, look at my Food & Drinks Directory for a list of all the awesome vegan food products I have found locally.
Let’s get Social!
© the green vegan chick. All images & content are copyright protected. Please follow my Sharing Policy if you would like to use or share any part of this post.